Fitter and Assembler Manufacturing Apprentice
Employer: Sterling Thermal Technology
Contact Ref: Sarah Smith (Sterling Thermal Technology)
This vacancy is now closed for applications.
The main overview of the apprentice role will be carrying out fitting / assembly work as directed by the production supervision.
The apprentice will also be required to assist in the work carried out in any other production area when and where the need arises.
Main duties will include:
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Comply strictly with the company health and safety policy
- Carry out production duties as directed by production supervision
- Participate in the quality control process relevant to the work carried out and ensure all defective work is immediately brought to the attention of the production supervision
- Carry out any relevant administrative tasks
- Ensure workmanship is to the required standard
- To assist in any production area / duty when required
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business
- Ensure that the company’s procedures are followed
Training to be Provided
- Level 3 BTEC in Engineering
- Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 week Foundation Training at ATG Training in Aylesbury
- Level 1 Functional Maths, English & ICT (if applicable).
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Job role: Fitter and Assembler Manufacturing Apprentice
Places available: 2
Duration: 3 Years
Working weekly hours
Monday to Friday 6am-2pm
- Manual dexterity
- Team worker
- A good standard of written/spoken English
3 x GCSEs at Grade A – D in core subjects English, Maths and Science (or equivalent).